Sunday, August 10, 2008

Finally...!!!



Tentatively...hesitantly...after clicking Back from the browser time and again, just to find myself returning. And then, finally, inspired by my friend Arti, when I saw her enter the world of blogging...here I am! Yeah...she can take pride from having inspired someone in this life :)

An Arian to the core, in love with life (well, mostly), it is only natural that I start my blog with my thoughts on life.

Life is like a colorful brocade,
An intricate weaving of hope and despair;
Here and there, a darker shade,
And a touch of brightness elsewhere.

Oh!How we love it at its best,
When it's peaceful like the placid sea...
But oh, for the heart that can't face the tempest,
Death is a fear, life, an agony.

We might come to a barren desert,
When we'd hoped to see a pasture green;
But joys and sorrows are two banks,
Of the river life flowing in between.

Like the rose, a beauty inspite of the thorns,
Like the lotus that blooms even in a swamp;
Welcome both the Spring and the Fall,
Like the homeless and the wandering tramp.

So gear up, scale yet another mountain high;
If courage fails, look up, you'll know;
That even the glorious evening sky,
Has a cloud on the azure glow!

More later, as I have, at the moment, to attend to one of my duties in this life. My little 4-year-old is screaming his head off, demanding that I play with him. So here's signing off...but only for now!

And yes...just in case you were wondering...the few lines on life above, are my own creation :)


2 comments:

My Musings... said...

hmmm..i am pretty sure i inspired a few more people, hopefully :). but sure glad i inspired you to start bloggin'! hey, btw, i am pretty sure this is the poem that was published in Venky college magazine, right? i loved it then, i love it now!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Preeta! This is great. Hope you stay inspired and keep writing. Blogging is the best way of staying connected, I think. :)